PURITY is a fully decentralized application designed for sharing variety of content: videos, images, songs, documents and even other decentralized apps too. The main goal of this dapp is to give the real value to the Internet with the help of blockchain and P2P technologies.
You can share specific premium content available with a coin payment. Create and subscribe to channels according to your interest and reach content that cannot be censored. It also allows for an easy web page upload without any central service, for a small fee.
PURITY is still under development, but it is already live, so you can try out the functionalities on the Ethereum testnet – Rinkeby. It is not necessary to setup any additional infrastructure to try it out, you can simply install the free Chrome MetaMask extension.
THE CONTENT MAKES THE VALUE HERE, NOT YOU. WE DO NOT REQUEST, PROCESS OR STORE ANY PERSONAL DATA.
- Sharing files through different types of P2P networks (currently IPFS).
- Every action is decentralized
- Categories and Channels can be sorted. The most active element tops the list and it goes on descending. Channel is sorted by the highest number of subscribers to least, Categories are sorted by the most amount of uploaded channels to the least.
- You can subscribe to a Channel’s event and support Channels with coins, thereby become a Premium User for that Channel. That would allow you to to receive Premium Content for a specific period designated by the uploader.
- The application is a browser extension. This way the landing page just connects the user to the backend technology, and enhances the P2P webpages functionalities.
- The domain-independent cookie-handling and the P2P source links corrugations make migrating the server-client architecture web apps to P2P storage networks smooth.
Some features for the v1.0 are still in progress. Until they are finalized, Purity is only available in demo-version.
- Create Premium Encrypted Content (currently, the system only hides the “real” content id – file location – from the Premium Users.)
- Upload “Big” files through the browser.
- Upload the contents efficiently to other P2P storage node (currently the user has to be run his/her computer to be accessible the shared content on the IPFS network.)